Search This Blog

Thursday 15 October 2009

Exhibiton about Youth Culture.


My good friend Joanne, has asked me to produce some big square pieces, that can be connected to crime, and youth culture, and how music can be a positive way forward for some people, I am painting for an exhibition, shes putting together in Sheffield shes a music student so there will be all sorts of different work, some sound work, but its a collaboration between a lot of students, so think I'm bringing the colour, she said use The Manic Street Preachers albums as Influence, and the work  of Jenny Saville, She also wants big Abstract Pollocks, as Image The Manics have also used, I think she's a big fan, but loves the political messages, also, the exhibition will be exciting as I'm going to be staying In Sheffield quickly doing the work which will make it organicish, as I will be planning it with consultation with her to find out what she actually means, This story came to my attention also.


Manic Street Preachers album cover censored by supermarkets

Journal for Plague Lovers is to be stocked in plain slipcases because its artwork, which features a painting of a boy's face apparently splattered with blood, is deemed 'inappropriate'
Manic Street Preachers Journal for Plague Lovers album coverThere's always arguements, I have a Kinship with the Manics as one of there B side EP singles was my first CD I think it was "Bangkok Novotel, the only music I heard before that was Britney Spears really, I missed Brit Pop and avoided NU metal, so this random CD I bought just because I liked the album art, The song Ballad of the Bangkok Novotel, is freaking awesome, I shall speak about this exhibition, which uses the Manics as an Influence in more detail when I know what is actually going on.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cc/Found_That_Soul.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/img.music.yahoo.com/image/v1/video/8206168

No comments: